I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Monday, August 30, 2004

VMAzzz...

Last night, my sister and I engaged in our annual ritual of getting up at 2am and watching the VMAs. Only this year, we aborted the project after an hour or so, and not because we were tired.

I just about managed to sit through Hoobastank's horribly off-key performance (maybe because Australian band Jet saved the five-minute rock segment of what otherwise appeared to be a three-hour celebration of pimp'n'thug hip-hop mentality). But after the award for 'Best Male Video' was announced, I had to go back to bed. Not because they didn't give it to Prince - I never expected that in the first place, though I readily admit the gesture of nominating him was nice - but because the winner of the award, Usher, had just lip-synched his way through a medley of questionable hits from his #1 album Confessions (while gradually removing his clothes). Honestly, if that's what I want, I'll go buy a ticket for a Chippendales show.

Check out MTV's VMA page here (if you're having trouble falling asleep, that is).

JJtags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The VMA's a a big pile of cack period. In London we must wait about three months before plebians like myself can watch it on tv here. By the way i've put in a link, so there.
Uberpup.

Judge Jonathan said...

And I'm getting referrals from your site by the minute. I'm gonna have to post something about uberpup.net here one of these days...