I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Monday, March 28, 2005

God's Word is God's Word

Let me start this post by saying that I generally have no problem with Jehovah's Witnesses. After all, my favourite artist just accepted his NAACP lifetime Vanguard Award with the words "awards are cool - but all praise and glory is due to the true God, Jehovah".

Having said that, I do have a problem with people who say or write stupid things, and I tend to use my weblog as an outlet for my frustration with their stupidity.

Which brings me to the pamphlet we received from those friendly Jehovah's Witnesses a couple of days ago. Among other things, it raises the important question: "Is the Bible Really God's Word?"

A matter of historical debate? Not anymore, it seems! The JWs have found a historical source which proves beyond doubt that the Bible is, in fact, God's Word. And that source is - you guessed it - the Bible.

"The Bible itself clearly says: 'All Scripture is inspired of God' - 2 Timothy 3:16"
Can't argue with that.

No comments: