I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Categories Update

After a week of trying out all kinds of tricks and hacks, I'm happy to announce I've found a solution for my categories problem. Three conclusions I came to on the way:

1) Google Blog Search sucks.

2) Technorati rules. (Wait, make that 73(hn0r471 r00£z.)

3) Tagging your posts increases your page visits. A lot.

So from now on, all posts will feature my very own JJtags at the end, each of which link to Technorati's respective tag page.
For categories, I simply added a list of tags I use most to my sidebar, and linked them to Technorati tag page displaying only posts by me! (It's as simple as that - to do it yourself, simply add "?user=yourusername" to any Technorati link, e.g. "http://technorati.com/tag/tagname?user=yourusername".)

A comprehensive list of ways to create categories and lots of other neat stuff with Blogger can be found at Freshblog's frequently-updated Blogger Hacks - The Series.


No comments: