I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Sunday, October 24, 2004

The times they are a-changing

A little follow-up to my post about George W. Bush: How 85 years can change the way people think about their President.
Get this:

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
(Theodore Roosevelt, 1918)


"Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens."
(Britney Spears, 2003)

Now you might say that contrasting Roosevelt's views with those of Mrs. Federline is slightly unfair (and you'd be right), but it's funny nonetheless...


9 days until November 2nd...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kinda reminds me of the quote we read today in this magazine in london, remember? It went something like this:
"I can be, like, a real actress. I mean I play characters that have, like, dark hair and wear glasses, people that are like totally not me." -Paris Hilton.

Judge Jonathan said...

Haha, true! Must be a blonde thing... :)