I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Discoveries of the Day

* Google Personalized Homepage lets you design the way google.com looks for you. It's really quite stunning how Google manages to amaze me time and time again with the simplicity and the sheer brilliance of their ideas. When I open Google, I find my five latest Gmail messages in the middle, above the three latest Google News world headlines. On the left, I've got entertainment news and Quote of the Day; on the right, sci/tech news and Word of the Day. And I haven't even started experimenting with all the RSS feeds I could possibly add to this.
More here.

* BBC Monitoring's Media Reports has been around for a while, I suppose, but I only discovered it yesterday, through Google News. Check out this neat overview of what the Israeli press had to say about Sharon's victory over rival Bibi Netanyahu in Monday's Likud poll. There are dozens such round-ups available on the BBC website - check them out.

* PostSecret is "an ongoing community art project where people mail-in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard". Might sound weird, but it's actually pretty cool. People really seem to be quite creative when it comes to disclosing their secrets. This will help you if you're feeling depressed (which I'm not), as some people really have some fucked up secrets that'll definitely make you feel better about yourself; it'll also help if you're looking for a good laugh (which I always am) - see, for instance, the following:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PostSecret isch würkli interessant (und beängschtigend...). Aber das Gheimnis da isch doof: http://tinyurl.com/d69f3 - ich hoff' nume, dass dene ihri x-rated muetersprach nöd änglisch xi isch, will das verstaht mer ja würkli überall. vilicht händ dänn d'lüüt äxtra so tue als obs nüt verstande händ wills e so spannend xi isch...

Judge Jonathan said...

Das chan ich mir glatt no vorstelle... ha!

Es git no einigi wo zimli witzig gsi sind aber leider gits vo PostSecret keis Archiv! Wo häsch denn du die vo dim Link gfunde?