I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Let Concert Season Begin

If there's anybody left who was already reading this thing I like to call my blog over a year ago, you will remember that I consider The Fugees' 1996 album The Score a hip-hop masterpiece.

Just as music lovers gradually lost hope that there would ever be a follow-up to said masterpiece, we are hit with a shock message: Not only are The Fugees back together, in full formation; not only have they been working on a new album for two months; they will also embark on a European tour this winter. (News here.)

===UPDATE: Download 'Take it Easy', the first song to be leaked from their upcoming album, here. (Via Stereogum.) ===

And two tickets to their concert in Zurich's Hallenstadion on Dec 20th are on their way to my house as we speak.

And if you think I'm looking forward to December, look how funky November will be: Candy Dulfer will be here on the 30th, and then there's my sixth Tower of Power concert in six years on Nov 10th. This officially makes TOP the musical act I've seen more than anyone else - save, of course, the man himself. Who, incidentally, once said that Tower of Power were "tighter than a mosquito's behind". Amen.

(Don't believe him? Listen to this.)


No comments: