I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Purple One and his Guitar

I swear to God I wasn't gonna blog about this. But when I saw that even indie rock blog Stereogum was raving about it ("I was really surprised how much I like this new Prince song"), I just had to post it.

This is Prince at his best: Last Saturday, he was the musical guest on Saturday Night Live, and rather than playing one of his hits, he chose to perform "Fury", a brand new song from his upcoming album 3121 (release date: March 21). And boy did he tear that guitar up! Just in case the world needed any reminding of just how amazing he is on guitar.





Rock on.

Okay, while we're at it: Here's His Purple Highness performing that breathtaking solo to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" during the 2004 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Oh yes, that's the entire crowd on their feet and in awe. For the song in its entirety, click here.






4 comments:

shari said...

Awesome! renewed my interest in him. thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

I love Prince. He's quirky, but his music is fabulous and he's true to it.

My new blog is at http://www.giftideaoftheday.blogspot.com

Regards,
Ed
http://www.Shop.Novicks.net

Anonymous said...

bim zweite video: händ det würkli all (ussert em sümbol) diä glich gitarre? product placement! oder: kommunismus!!

Anonymous said...

hey geil, de good old tom "handle me with care" petty! merci, jj! und erscht no mit emene noie leadgitarrischt ide band? gaht no derb ab de siech!;)