I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Monday, March 13, 2006

This is a blog - uh - u can't touch

Stop - Hammertime.

Rashunda points us to the ultimate blast from the past: MC Hammer has a blog.

Talk about my childhood coming back to haunt me. Believe it or not, Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em was the first album I ever owned (on cassette, of course). I still remember walking down the streets of Albany, CA with my buddy Steven and rapping to "U Can't Touch This". And here I am, 16 years later, linking to MC Hammer's blog.

(And in between? Not much. A couple of years back, I heard the Hammer had filed for bankruptcy. And then there was that moment when 12-year old me listened to "When Doves Cry" for the first time, and, after a moment or two, realized it was MC Hammer who ripped Prince off - not the other way around.)

Read all about Stanley Kirk Burrell and his parachute pants here.

By the way: Hammer thinks Barry Bonds is too legit to quit. (Couldn't resist that one.)

No comments: