I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Thursday, October 12, 2006

I guess this means I'm in beta, too

Take a look around. Notice anything different?

(If you're reading this in an RSS reader, visit my blog for a sec.)

No? Nothing? That's because it still looks the same around here. Which is a good thing, given that it's taken me two hours of copy/pasting and code-cracking to make this blog look halfway decent again after I officially upgraded to Blogger beta today.

And, surprisingly, my first impression is: it's not that bad. Or, to paraphrase myself, it's certainly too late, but not too little. The new features are pretty cool, and the code (which you can now edit) isn't hard to tweak.

Blogger beta isn't the coolest thing Google has done lately (Google Reader is - more on that another time), just as the Google-YouTube deal isn't the most exciting (Google Docs is). But it'll keep me motivated to post more than just the occasional video around here in the future.

(For those fictional few who've been keeping track: Yes, I'm still working on my "latest something new", and yes, it will still be a Wordpress blog, Blogger beta notwithstanding. More on that - you guessed it - soon.)

No comments: