I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

On Apple and Being Ordinary

Nevermind the fact that I'm writing this on a Sony VAIO - Apple is back where it rightfully belongs: on top. At least when it comes to the impact it has on people's lives as a brand.

According to a survey conducted by online magazine Brandchannel, Apple is now the world's single most influential brand.

Here's the top ten (found here):



Makes me think about the impact these brands have had on my life... I don't really drive a Mini, but other than that - I (obviously) have a Nokia phone; I waste (and occasionally make) money on eBay quite often; I've travelled the skies with Virgin Atlantic; I sometimes drink Coke (though I prefer Sprite - which of course belongs to Coca Cola); I must admit I have checked out aljazeera.com once or twice (sadly, it's more biased than CNN, I'm afraid); I sometimes enjoy Starbucks' comfy sofas (but please no coffee for me); my furniture in Zurich is, I think, from Ikea; I use my Google toolbar around 50 times a day (and I'm loving Gmail); and last but most definitely not least, I don't know what I'd do without my beautiful, precious, beloved little iPod.

Jesus. So much for being special... I guess Judge Jonathan is just your average Joe! :)

JJtags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

joe - the judge next door.

-t.