I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different

-Kurt Vonnegut

Welcome to what once was Judge Jonathan. This blog is dead. Please click here to continue. (Or here, if you really insist.)

Archive

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Usher's ass kicked by you know who!

After having been quite excited here that Prince was not overlooked by the National Academy of Recording Arts and received a bunch of Grammy nominations (and I did get over the fact that Musicology wasn't nominated for best album, thank you), I feel obliged to let everybody know that:

-"Musicology" won the Grammy for Best Traditional R'n'B Vocal Performance.
-"Call My Name" won the Grammy for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance, beating Usher's "Burn" (nice one)
-Prince attended the Awards, but left early to throw a party in his Beverly Hills mansion and wasn't there to receive his Grammys from the organization that had overlooked him for so long. Say what you want, but that's coolness.

    I know, I know, you couldn't care less, but just let me be happy about this, and while I'm at it, let me be excited about the followinglittle report on prince.org (true, I shoudn't get excited about unconfirmed rumours that appear out of the blue, but allow me to make an exception):

    Source: Beat magazine
    According to dancer Heidi Jenka, the new Prince album sounds "very revolutionary". Heidi is a dancer/extra in 2 new videos shot for the upcoming album. So far, no song titles have been revealed, sources say that "some old friends" have participated in the making of the new album. No details on a release date given at this time.

    "Revolutionary" as in "Prince and the Revolution-ary"? "Some old friends"? Hell yeah!



    No comments: